- Date: Wednesday 20 September 2017
- Place: The Delaunay Brasserie
- Address: 55 Aldwych, London WC2B 4BB
- Time: 8 am - 9 am
The Expert Space
The use of expert evidence, particularly in complex areas like finance, has evolved over the past decade.
Subtle differences exist between expert suppliers, and a bare bones report is not all that is on offer any more.
For our last event we welcomed guests from Hogan Lovells, Dentons, Reed Smith, Freshfields, Morgan Lewis, Winston & Strawn, Radcliffe Chambers and 39 Essex Street Chambers. Topics discussed were the following:
- The evolution of the financial services expert space over the decade,
- Common challenges financial services experts face in producing their evidence,
- Case studies: a discussion recent adverse expert issues in banking, and measures that could have avoided poor outcomes,
- Our views on how to optimise the expert process, and avoid sub-optimal reports.
The talk was enhanced by insightful contributions from our attendees, spanning the professional experiences of prominent barristers working closely with the experts to Partners managing all aspects of the litigation.
Our next event will be on The Future of Banking. To learn more about this event please click here.